Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thank You Dad!!!

So I am letting you all know how much I LOVE my Dad! This past weekend while he was here (for "Z's" dedication he gave me a GREAT present. I know it's kind of old school but he got me this gift pictured below.
It is a Canon Rebel, 35 mm Camera. Like I said before it's old school, but I LOVE doing the manual items for the camera, taking my time and snapping the picture, driving to get it develop and sitting there looking at my works of art in capturing the moments that I wanted to. It is the camera that I took my Black & White photography course in College and I loved the WHOLE process of taking pictures. From the shooting the pictures, developing the film, making the pictures how I want them to be and mounting them on great mattes. I can't wait until I am able to have my own dark room to do the whole process! So there will be more pics on here from my camera, yet they take a little bit longer to get on due to the added steps of getting the film developed. But it's what I love so I am happy.
I just wanted to share how great my father is with all of you in Blog land...I love you, Dad!

3 comments:

  1. What a great gift! I love the whole "process" of 35mm too! What a thoughtful thing for him to do!

    Happy Shooting.....and developing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Dad totally rocks! Thanks for sharing today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had one of those in college until it got lost after our wedding, I miss it so much! I'm thinking of getting a digital version and hoping it's as good. I have a digital point and shoot and it's just NOT the same at ALL!

    ReplyDelete

I'm loving your comments and appreciate them! After all if you don't comment how can I make this blog better for my readers! God bless you and have a GREAT day!