Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Baby is 12 weeks!

Dear Friends and Family,

So today the baby is 12 weeks. We had our prenatal visit today. It is hard to believe that during the visit they seriously only did covered 5 different things. And we sat in the waiting room for ever it felt like. Everything is looking really wonderful; my blood work from last month, blood pressure (this and last month), what the baby looks like from the 1st ultrasound, what the heartbeat from the baby sounded like today. Within the past week Rick and I talked it over and we are not going to find out what the gender of the baby is. So I am sorry if this messes with your buying plan (but gift cards are also nice) We figure that there is hardly in surprises left in life and this could be the great surprise ever!

This week has been very exciting for us. Not only because of the growing family but we also have bought a new (used) car. It is a 2005 Ford Escape. We got it from the dealership that my boss works for. (Remember I am a nanny) They gave us a great deal. It is wonderful to have a good, reliable, and safe. The cool part is that the door opens from the inside and the speedometer works. We hope to pick it up from the dealership either on Friday night or sometime on Saturday.

We are very excited about our expanding family that we have got very excited about all the baby stuff. Most of the stuff we have registered for are necessary. But we have registered at Babies R Us and Target. Both you can see stuff online and order most of it online as well. For the Babies R Us you have a little bit more flexibility and do ordering online and have it go to the store (in Des Moines, IA...there is only one in IA) for us to pick up. They can even help you with picking up the outfits that you see (at least that is what I think that is what the lady said) Also...even though we live in Iowa we do not care about Iowa sports...if you want to go with a sports theme go Ohio State Buckeyes or Denver Broncos or Cleveland Cavs or Chicago Cubs...that should do us there. Both registries are easy to use and find stuff on them. If you have any questions please let us know.

This is what I think the baby is thinking right now...he/she would like to speak to all of you.
"My parents call me "Buckeye" right now I will be about 3 inches long and weigh 1 ounce at the end of this week. My eyes have moved closer together and my ears move closer to their final position. Which means I don't look so alien like. My intestines have grown really fast and actually have extended into the umbilical cord (but they will soon move back) My body now can secrete urine and my nervous system is continuing to mature. I also could be sucking. I really can't wait to see all of you in August. It should be a blast! Love you all...Buckeye"

If you look at this e-mail and the receivers of this e-mail and notice someone that should be added please forward it to them!
So that is that...until next month.
God Bless!
Katrina, Rick & Buckeye

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm loving your comments and appreciate them! After all if you don't comment how can I make this blog better for my readers! God bless you and have a GREAT day!