Thursday, April 10, 2008

Oh the funny things my husband does...

So just the other day I got an e-mail from one of my pregnancy journals and it read…

My Baby

By the end of this week, your baby will measure about 7 inches from crown to rump and tip the scales at nearly a pound. Not too shabby for someone who barely weighed an ounce 10 weeks ago! Part of her growth spurt is likely because her stomach is now equipped to start absorbing energy-boosting nutrients from the amniotic fluid she's swallowing in there. (But most of your baby's nourishment is still coming directly from the placenta.)

Your baby's hearing is becoming even more fine-tuned now. In addition to making out your heartbeat, stomach rumblings, pulsing blood vessels, and your voice resonating inside the uterus, she can also hear sounds and conversations coming from the world outside of Mama. So have your partner chat her up regularly, too! This doesn't have to be nightly renditions of Goodnight Moon, by the way. You can each read regular books or mags aloud, sing along with the radio, or even just give baby a brief recap of your day -- especially all the parts where you couldn't stop thinking about her!

Last night as my husband and I got ready for bed, we were going by our normal routine. We were then laying there and Rick started talking to the baby, about anything and everything. Letting the baby know about our parents, letting the baby know about Rick’s day, letting the baby know that we are going to move for a while, and so much more. It made me laugh and want to cry all at the same time. I thought I would share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm loving your comments and appreciate them! After all if you don't comment how can I make this blog better for my readers! God bless you and have a GREAT day!