Thursday, May 1, 2008

Baby Buckeye is 24 weeks.


Nothing really to report...
I am measuring good. The baby's heartbeat was 150.
On a personal note...I am looking for another job. Rick and I are looking for a 2 bedroom apartment or house to rent.
Rick and I will be traveling to Colorado in a month. We are excited. We are going to take the Amtrak. Rick is really excited about that. But we will be making to Redcloud for a couple days too. I got the official ok from my doctor yesterday. She just said things that I already new...stay hydrated and take a copy of my medical records with us.
Well thanks for reading...
God Bless!
This is what my baby can do...or is doing...
Your baby has now developed his sense of balance, so he/she can tell which way is up inside your belly. (The inner ears control this skill, and as of this week they're fully formed.) There's still enough room in there for him/her to easily flip around, tethered by the umbilical cord. The cord, by the way, is pretty darn amazing. It contains two arteries and one vein and is quite long -- by birth, most average around 2 feet long! Every 30 seconds, nutrients and oxygen-rich blood travel from the placenta to the fetus through the single large vein. Then the blood returns to the placenta through the two arteries. It's an ingenious system that ensures the baby gets what he needs while keeping your blood separate from his/her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm loving your comments and appreciate them! After all if you don't comment how can I make this blog better for my readers! God bless you and have a GREAT day!