Hey! At my home we tried this new Weight Watcher recipe...Oh it is so good and I decided to share it with all my readers.
It is called Turkey Enchilada Pie. For those that follow points it is 4 points for 1/6th of a pie. For that amount of points me and my husband ate 2 servings. My husband gives this meal 4 stars.The ingredients are:
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 3/4 pound(s) lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion(s), chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) fat-free skim milk
- 4 oz canned jalapeno peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3 large burrito-size wheat flour tortilla(s)
- 3 cup(s) tomato(es), chopped
- 10 tbsp low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Place turkey, onion and chili powder in skillet and cook until turkey is browned, stirring occasionally to break up meat, about 8 minutes. Remove turkey mixture from skillet and set aside.
- Place skillet over medium-high heat and add flour. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium; simmer until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in turkey mixture, jalapenos and cumin.
- Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave on HIGH until softened, about 15 seconds. Place 1 tortilla in bottom of a 9-inch pie plate. Spread 1/3 of turkey mixture over tortilla. Spoon 1 cup of tomato on top and sprinkle with 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) of cheese. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients ending up with 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Cover pie plate with aluminum foil and cook until cheese melts and filling is warmed through, about 15 minutes. Let stand, covered, 2 minutes before cutting into 6 wedges.
Tomorrow is going to be fPhoto Friday so stay tuned. Also during the day! My Son "Z", and the 2 little girls I nanny (Adrina & Sienna) and myself will be going on a field trip. We are going to the Science Center. I think we are going to have a BLAST and I am pretty sure that there will be photos from it on here afterwards. Then that night our family gets go to a ice hockey game; watching the Des Moines Bucs (they are a junior minor team)...so there will be photos of that soon too.