Monday, November 9, 2009

A wonderful recipe!

Hey dear friends...I would love to write more about my weekend. BUT I don't have the time. I did make this wonderful recipe on Saturday and I LOVED it! My dear husband even loved it! That says a lot actually. Sorry I don't have any pictures of it...but here is the recipe!

Black Bean "Hummus"

This dip doesn't have many of the same ingredients as hummus, but it is about the same consistency. I spread this on bread or tortillas with vegetables for a quick sandwich, I dip carrots and celery into it, and I eat it with tortilla chips for a snack.

10 Minutes to Prepare and Cook

Ingredients

2 cans black beans (about 3 1/2 cups)
1 small onion, diced
1/2 green pepper, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 T ground cumin
1 1/2 t olive oil
2 T chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 c vegetable broth

Directions

Drain and rinse black beans if using canned.
Place olive oil in skillet set over medium-high heat. Add onions, peppers, and garlic and saute about three minutes, until vegetables are fragrant and starting to brown slightly. Add cumin, stir well, reduce heat to medium and cook another two minutes.
Place beans in food processor and pulse seveal times. Add vegetable mixture and pulse a few more times. Add vegetable broth in small batches to thin the dip to the desired consistency. Garlish with chopped cilantro. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator for up to 10 days.

Makes eight 1/2-cup servings!

Number of Servings: 8

Well there you have it! I only added a very little vegetable broth (which I made my self earlier that week) I just used the can black beans...but next time I am actually going to make black beans from being dried I am going to make this...to see if there is a difference.
So give this a try...but beware it might be kind of musical after wards..."Beans, Beans the musical fruit..."
I will blog more and have pictures of course. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm loving your comments and appreciate them! After all if you don't comment how can I make this blog better for my readers! God bless you and have a GREAT day!