Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Mini Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins...

So I had some canned pumpkin (I know it will keep until next year) But I wanted do some baking.
I got this recipe from All Recipes. I like mini-muffins BECAUSE I can give one to "Z-Man" and he will not make a whole mess all over the house.
Alright here are some pics, ingredients, directions & nutrition info for those mini-muffins.
Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour ~ 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup brown sugar ~ 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup white sugar ~ 2 eggs
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon ~ 1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger ~ 1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg ~ 1 (6 ounce) package butterscotch chips
1 teaspoon baking soda

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease mini-muffin pan with cooking spray
Sift together the flour, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Whisk together the eggs, butter and pumpkin in a separate bowl. Mix the flour mixture with the egg mixture. Stir in the butterscotch chips; pour into each cup of the muffin pan to about 3/4 full.
Bake in preheated oven until a tooth pick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean, 10 to 12 minutes.

Nutrition Info
Servings Per Recipe: 48, Calories: 75, Total Fat: 3.2g, Cholesterol: 14 mg, Sodium: 86mg, Total Carbs: 10.5g, Dietary Fiber: 0.3g, Protein: 0.8g

Alright...so I improved the ingredients a little...
I used Whole Wheat Flour instead of All-Purpose Flour
I used the Splenda Brown Sugar Blend instead of Brown Sugar
I used Splenda instead of White Sugar
I used Egg White Beaters instead of the eggs
AND I added some Dark Chocolate Chips
Here is the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm loving your comments and appreciate them! After all if you don't comment how can I make this blog better for my readers! God bless you and have a GREAT day!