Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A tribute to Rick...my husband!

So...I'm sorry I'm just getting around to this. However it's been kind of crazy here in the Rapp household. With Grandpa & Grandma Rapp coming to visit after the Fourth of July and then Gramps, Grammy, Aunt Becca & 'Aunt' Katey coming to visit for a little bit, as well as my wonderful headaches STILL around (more on that later)

Alright back to the Title...A tribute to Rick...my husband! You can check out his blog HERE, I think if you would comment on his blog MAYBE he will keep writing. ;)
So this past year Rick got nominated to be apart of the Gold Humanism Honor Society. You can check out more information HERE. It's about the Society Chapter at Des Moines University, along with the previous inductees.

Here are some pictures of the evening...It was a great time to go and recognize my husband as well the other students that are now apart of the Society. Just for your information...I went with just my husband...NO "Z-Man" and NO knitting! I know NO knitting!
Rick my handsome husband
Rick and Dr. Klock (he is the chairman for the OMM department)
Rick & myself. (yes I have short hair)The Inductees this year.The medal, the program, Rick's certificate and some flowers that we "asked" to have.The certificate

Well...again Congrats to you RICK! I love you! I'm so proud of you!
If you have any questions about this Society just ask. If I don't know the answer I will find one that sounds good. I'm hoping that this finds you all very well and that you have a GREAT Wednesday! Again I think you should go on over to Rick's Blog and congratulate him by giving him a comment. It will MAKE his DAY!

Here is what Wikipedia says about it..."The Gold Humanism Honor Society, commonly abbreviated GHHS, is a national honor society that honors senior medical students, residents, role-model physician teachers and other exemplars recognized for demonstrated excellence in clinical care, leadership, compassion and dedication to service. Although this society is relatively new, it is often considered by many top level medical
programs as "Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) equivalent."
[citation needed]

1 comment:

  1. Katrina,

    This is so wonderful for you and your husband!! Congratulations :O) And your short hair looks darling...

    I know you aren't a big coffee drinker. However you won one of the gift certificates to Starbucks :O) If you want to email me you address so I can get it in the mail to you!
    ksjavagirl(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

I'm loving your comments and appreciate them! After all if you don't comment how can I make this blog better for my readers! God bless you and have a GREAT day!