Sunday, July 18, 2010

Baby Girl Headband

So I have been asked (by people on Facebook) to share my Baby Headband. So I thought I would just direct people here and then they could have it! And I wanted to share with you some of my "creating" with fiber. So with no-further delay...

Baby Headband…

Materials Needed: (This is what I used)

Worsted Weight yarn (you truly don’t need a full skein)

Size 6 (4.0mm) 12” circular needles

Stitch Marker

Flower for decoration after done.

I have done 2 different sizes. The top (white with pink flower) is 12.5 inches around (cast on number regular). The Brown and Blue is 14.5 inches around (cast on number in BOLD). You just have to change your cast on stitches to change the circumference of the headband.

Pattern:

Cast on: 60, 70 sts.

Row 1: Knit (k)

Row 2: Purl (p)

Row 3 & 5: K

Row 4: P

Row 6: Knit 2 together (k2tog), yarn over needle (yo) (until the end)

Row 7: K

Row 8,10: k2tog, yo (until the end)

Row 9, 11: k

Row 12, 14: p

Row 13, 15: k

Row 16: Bind off knit wise

Weave in ends and add embellishments as you would like :)

You can always add another knit 2 together, yo row followed by a knit row to add to the “lattice” effect.

This pattern was made-up and burrowed from “Lattice Hat Knitting Pattern” found on Ravelry.com

The White one with the Pink flower is for Baby Girl's newborn shot that screams GIRL (hopefully the ultrasound tech was correct)

The Brown one has a couple other "simple" flowers on clips to change the look of it. I just don't have any pics of the flowers to show you.

I believe that I'm going to start selling a set of 3 headbands with 6-7 flowers on the Crafted Together Blog. I just have to figure out what to ask money wise for it...any suggestions. The flowers would be the "simple" flowers. Well I do believe that is it for today. I will blog more tomorrow. I have a tribute to my husband I would like to make. :) But for right now...I have to write out my book report for a book that is coming out in August...I can't put it out just now but I also just finished the book last night so I have to write about it before I forget about it. :)

1 comment:

I'm loving your comments and appreciate them! After all if you don't comment how can I make this blog better for my readers! God bless you and have a GREAT day!