Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Odds & Ends

So seeing that I haven't been blogging recently...not because I don't have stuff to write about. It's basically because I don't really have a whole lot of time. Hmm....I wonder why?
So here is my post about Odds & Ends!
~On Monday, the 15th, Little Aspen was 3 weeks old! Because she doesn't actually see the doctor until she is 2 months old, so I wanted to see how big she was getting and come in for a measurement growth check...
Aspen at Birth was 7 pounds 5 ounces, 19 inches long, 14 inches head circumference. She left the hospital weighing 6 pounds 11 ounces and at her first doctor check she was 6 pounds 13 ounces.
Aspen at 3 weeks was 7 pounds 12 ounces, 21 inches long, 14 1/2 inches head circumference.~This past weekend Grandpa Tom & Grandma Jean came in for a visit. We had nothing on the agenda besides have quality time with each other. Which is good because the weather was gross and not very nice...actually very raining...so glad that we have College Football so we could sit and watch sports.~The sun on the horizon...Fun with the calendar and looking AHEAD!
---Alright this one is NOT really fun but it's what needs to happen. Rick is about to finish his last of his 3rd year medical school rotations (due to the fact that he is a OMM fellow) But in 13 days Rick will be taking his 2nd written exam of his boards. (That is Monday the 29th of November) PLEASE pray for Rick as he prepares for this exam that he will remember what he studies and on that day of the exam that he recalls the proper answers for the questions.
---We are going on a vacation to Florida in 16 days! We will be visiting my parents again! YEAH! When we first get down there, my Grandparents will be down there. So it will be the first time they have seen Aspen. Also while we are down there we hope that we can go to my brothers homecoming from Iraq. HOPEFULLY! If we don't actually see the homecoming we will be seeing them for a little bit. Oh...we will be there for a week as our early Christmas present.
---We are also hopefully going to Colorado in 34 days to celebrate Christmas with Grandpa Tom & Grandma Jean in Colorado!!!
Rick also don't start the next block of his Fellowship rotation until January 3rd. So we have from November 30th (the day after Rick's exam) until the 3rd of January as FAMILY time!!! Yeah Rick will be doing reading and other stuff so he stays on top of stuff...but hopefully we will be having fun going on some adventures and enjoying times of rest together.
~"Z" has been pretty good at being a big brother, he tries to give Aspen her paci, he comes up and gives her kisses on her head, he tries to share his cars with her, he also forgets that she is around. Although he hasn't been sleeping really well ALL night like he used to. PLEASE pray that changes soon. He still loves to snuggle with me and that makes me happy. No matter what challenges go on in my family...I LOVE all of them with all that I am. I'm so blessed! I thank God for the amazing people in my family that who love me.

2 comments:

  1. Aspen is just such a doll!!
    I will be praying for you all safe travel on your trips. Good health. Good sleep for Z. And wisdom and knowledge for you husband during his testing!!

    Have a great week!

    It is suppose to be yuck here today in Kansas. Rain/Snow mix :O( At least I have boots this time though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good to me Beautiful! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

I'm loving your comments and appreciate them! After all if you don't comment how can I make this blog better for my readers! God bless you and have a GREAT day!