Tuesday, October 27, 2009

You CAN do something BIGGER than Yourself!

I have just finished reading
Take Your Best Shot by Austin Gutwein.
Austin used this book to reach mainly kids and youth his own age...BUT I think it's a great read for Adults as well. It let me know that kids and youth want a higher standard of things that they should be doing. They don't just want to sit and do nothing they want to be life changers. Over and over Austin wrote this "It's not about what you do. It's about who you are that matters." I began to think about this over and over...and think about what people think about me and know that it doesn't matter what people think but what God thinks. Austin uses his amazing stories of his trips to Africa to get your heart tugging about the people that NEED our help! Austin uses great authors and leaders quotes to get your mind moving. Also Austin helps you along your daily walk with God. He gives you practical verses and questions to help you figure out what is in your heart and what God wants from you.
It is simply amazing that God would use this 9 year old boy; to help raise money, awareness and vision to the world. I know that God could and would use me if I just let him.
Below happens to be some of quotes that touched at my heart as I read this book.
"Vision is your cause
Vision is your purpose
Vision is your heartbeat
Vision is what you get when you see a need
that captures your attention and have
passion to do what you love to do. "
page 96
"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." Abraham Lincoln

So overall this book was a well written book, (like I said before) geared to younger readers but for adults too, it has heart-felt stories, stats and figures about HIV and AIDS in Africa, as well as a challenging way for us (ANYONE) to be difference makers in the world!

I will leave you with one other quote...
"Do not have your concert first, and then tun your instrument after wards.
Begin the day with the Word of God and prayer,
and get first of all into harmony with him."
Hudson Taylor, Missionary to China
So with that...a little feed back from you would be nice...what is your favorite passage in the Bible or your favorite devotional book.
Thanks for reading...and remember YOU CAN do something BIGGER than Yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm loving your comments and appreciate them! After all if you don't comment how can I make this blog better for my readers! God bless you and have a GREAT day!