Monday, October 18, 2010

an...update of sorts...

Sorry that it has been so long...however let's say I've been a little "pre-occupied" Pre-occupied with 'nesting', getting in all the 1-on-1 time with "Z-Man", knitting, finding new & quick meal ideas, etc.
So 'nesting' is going pretty well...going through each room and cleaning and organizing pretty good. I'm not sure if I can blame it totally on the 'nesting' or the fact that my mom is coming to be with us for a week. :)
1 on 1 time with "Z-Man" trying to get as much time with just him and me...going to the library, watching movies, going to the park, going to the zoo, going to play areas in the malls, playing on the ground with him, reading books, just laughing with him and having a lot of fun with my little snuggly 2 year old!
Knitting the Baby Girl's Blanket! I just started a block and have 7 of them to go! See pic BEFORE I started the block. I'm LOVIN' it...however I'm pretty sure the next one of these blankets I make is going to be for someone special!!! It's really not a fast project. :)A new meal...here is what I made tonight for me and "Z-Man" We both had second helpings which is pretty cool.

Super-Cheesy Crazy-EZ Shepherd's Pie

PER SERVING (1/6th of recipe): 139 calories, 2.5g fat, 842mg sodium, 22g carbs, 5.5g fiber, 4g sugars, 10g protein -- POINTS® value 2*




Ingredients:
One 24-oz. bag (about 6 cups) frozen
Green Giant Family Size Broccoli, Carrots, Cauliflower & Cheese Sauce

1 pouch
Betty Crocker Cheddar & Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes
2 cups frozen ground-beef-style soy crumbles (like
the kind by Boca or Morningstar Farms)
Optional: salt,
black pepper, additional spices

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Place contents of the veggies & sauce bag in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave for 8 - 10 minutes, until mostly thawed.

Meanwhile, in a medium-large bowl, combine contents of potato pouch with 2 cups hot water, and stir until thickened. Set aside.

Spray an 8" X 8" baking pan with nonstick spray. Add soy crumbles to the pan and evenly distribute along the bottom. Evenly spoon saucy vegetables over the soy crumbles. Evenly top with potato mixture, using a spatula or spoon to smooth out the surface.

Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until filling is hot and potato layer is slightly crispy.

Divide into sixths. If you like, season to taste with salt, pepper, and additional spices. Enjoy!

MAKES 6 SERVINGS

HG Alternative! If you can't locate Green Giant's Family Size bag of saucy veggies, use two of the Valley Fresh Steamers 12-oz. boxes or two of the standard 10-oz. boxes instead.


Well...I hope you have a wonderful day, evening or night! Stay tuned...more blogging tonight will happen!

But I do have to say next Monday...Baby Girl will be here!!! C-Day in 7 days!


2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful and fun week with just Mr Z :O)
    praying for a healthy baby and a healthy you next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the quilt! And that shepherd's pie sounds yummy too. I can't believe C-Day is just next week! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete

I'm loving your comments and appreciate them! After all if you don't comment how can I make this blog better for my readers! God bless you and have a GREAT day!