Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Colorful Colorado (the joyous part)

So this past week our little family left for Colorado on Tuesday, Rick is actually going to a Conference that takes place at the Broadmore in Colorado Springs. Seeing that I don't have a job, Rick asked me if I wanted to come out with the kids. We ended up doing it.
So we left on Tuesday right around lunch time. We took Rick's Trooper (this is important for the second part of the post) and got a book on CD, I had my knitting & both kids were fed and ready for their afternoon nap. :) We spent the night in Lexington, Nebraska (which we were able to see the migrating cranes as we drove through Nebraska). Well that hotel had a pool; so we had our first family swim in the pool.We arrived to Colorado on Wednesday. We ended up getting settled into the room and trying to figure out where we were going to do the next couple days.
Thursday (St. Patrick's Day) the kids and I went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. I ended up wearing Aspen in the carrier and pushing Z in the "light" stroller. It was a BEAUTIFUL day! It was such a GREAT work out too. It is truly a great day with my 2 wonderful kiddos! Pic following.Thursday night we met Rick's parents, grandma & aunt for dinner, pic following.Friday the kids and I went up to Denver to go to the Downtown Aquarium with Jean. It was a good day to go, because it was a little cooler than what it was on Thursday. Pic following.NOW you will have to wait for the next post to hear about the rest of Friday and part of our Saturday...
However on Saturday mid-morning to early afternoon we did go see the Garden of the Gods. BEAUTIFUL day...sunny, blue skies, puffy clouds, etc. Pics following.I'm going to be putting a couple collages of the other pics that have been taken. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm loving your comments and appreciate them! After all if you don't comment how can I make this blog better for my readers! God bless you and have a GREAT day!