Friday, July 29, 2011

YUM!

So yesterday I made some brownies...and not from the box either. :)
I was searching a while back of a dessert to make for our church's BBQ & Baptism Celebration. However my little girl got sick...SO I decided NOT to make anything but to buy it. BUT I did save some brownie recipes on my computer. I ended up making a brownie that sounded quite interesting. They turned out pretty good, at least I do think so. My son ate it...but my son will basically eat anything. We had a knitting club over and the ladies seem to like it as well.
They are called

Chocolate-Chipotle Brownies

Makes: 32 bars

Prep: 30 minutes Bake: 35 minutes

ingredients

  • Nonstick cooking spray
  • 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
  • 1 cup butter
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
  • 2-1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee powder
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 to 2 teaspoons ground chipotle powder
  • 6 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • Unsweetened cocoa powder

directions

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan. Lightly coat foil with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine chocolate and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Cool slightly. In a small bowl, combine flour and cocoa powder; set aside.

2. In a large bowl, combine sugar, espresso coffee powder, cinnamon, and chipotle powder. Add chocolate mixture. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 1 minute, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Beat in vanilla just until combined. Add flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, beating on low speed just until combined. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute more. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.

3. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Using the edges of the foil, lift the uncut brownies out of the pan. Sprinkle with unsweetened cocoa powder. Cut into bars. Makes 32 bars.

To Store: Layer bars between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm loving your comments and appreciate them! After all if you don't comment how can I make this blog better for my readers! God bless you and have a GREAT day!